Monday, September 23, 2013

Getting Ready for the Big Apple

We have some friends out in Connecticut that we are going to visit! They live close to a train station and we plan to spend three days in New York City!! I booked tickets to the NYC ballet. I'm so excited! (Steve is, too.)

I booked an apartment in New Jersey through Vacation Rental by Owner. That's what we did last year in Italy and it worked great. You get a whole apartment instead of a hotel room. Our apartment is in an old house and it is right on the Hudson River with views of the Manhattan skyline.



Of course I'll take my own photos once we're there. I've been researching restaurants and places we want to see. We're also planning a day trip to Boston to see the Boston Aquarium.

Meanwhile, back at home we've been battening down the hatches for winter. We're trying to eek out one more week of herbs in the garden.


Most of the garden is now pulled. We did have a couple of actual freezes (not just frost, hard freeze) and I used up most of the basil last night. We were able to freeze almost 50 quarts of tomatoes! The Brussels sprouts and kale are still holding on. We usually harvest the Brussels sprouts during deer hunting.

We put the storm windows on the house this weekend. We'll wait to pull the dock until after our trip. Then we just wait for ice fishing.

Look at this cool spider web.


I'm working on a necklace in the studio that is very complicated. I'm hoping to have it finished to wear to NYC next week. I should bring my little Square card reader in case someone wants to buy it off my neck! I suppose I could just accept cash.....

1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete