Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mini Vacation to Canada

We have some Wisconsin friends who own a cabin in Canada and they invited us to visit. We left on Wednesday at noon and spent the rest of the week with them. International Falls is only about two hours from here and their cabin was another hour north. You access it via a six mile boat ride.

Tansy spent most of the weekend in some state of wetness. We threw sticks into the water for her.


I actually caught a photo of her shaking off the water.


We spent lazy mornings drinking coffee and fishing. We would take an afternoon nap and then go back in the boat for some more fishing. I brought along salsa verde to put on the bass for dinner. Jim and Jane caught two nice lake trout and we cooked them on the grill. YUM! Best lake trout I ever ate.

Here is Jane and Jim along with their dog, Soul.



Soul is one year old and a very cuddly, silly dog. He and Tansy got along great and played all week.

There were huge dragonflies everywhere. This is the shell of one that hatched. They come out of shells like these to be dragonflies.


Now back at home we ate the garlic scapes last night.


The garden is growing by leaps and bounds with all of the rain we've had as well as the hot weather. The bugs are out in droves, though, so it's miserable to venture outside. I've been saying I have this new cologne called "deet".

The studio is inching along. We taped and mudded the new drywall last week before Canada. Ted is supposed to come by today to finish putting in the windows. Then we need the electrician back, some primer, paint, and floor treatment and I can move in!! We will still have to put trim boards up and all of the exterior siding, but I can move in once it's painted and the electrician finishes. Wish us luck that that is within a week. But then I'll likely delay the move until after the Blueberry Festival, which runs next weekend. I'll be too busy getting ready for that.

2 comments:

  1. It's been far too long since my last 'visit'. Sharee ! Lovely - as ever - to read and see your life, so far away, so different from my suburbia.
    THANK YOU ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you! I hope your summer is going well. --Sharee

      Delete