Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Visit Back Home and Heading to Taos

We took off on Thursday for a weekend visit with family. Steve dropped me off in Neillsville and the next day he finished his drive to Milwaukee. It was a good time of year to do a little fishing down by the point. Dad figured out a way to give me a ride down there.


We even caught fish! Mine were too small to keep, but it was fun, anyway.


Look at all of the green grass and trees! Our trees are just beginning to get their leaves. The birch tree leaves are just poking out now. We did get some plants for the garden yesterday and some fresh dirt.

Friday I head out to Taos, New Mexico for a week of study with Marilynn Nicholson. Carol is going again and we are sharing a condo (She's from Silverton, CO - here is her website). This class focuses on soldering tiny things next to other tiny things and making things that move. It's called "Designing Clasps and Mechanisms". Who knows what I'll be making when I get back home.

Here are two of Marilynn's pieces. She cuts her own stones, too. I'll just shop for stones when I'm in Albuquerque and Taos.



1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely FUN post! I can't wait to see what you create when you come back from your class! Have a wonderful and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete