Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Etsy Shop and Shepherd's Pie

I've been wanting to devote my Etsy shop to just necktie things for a while. I decided the best way to do it was to open a whole new shop! I call it "AllThingsNecktie". Check it out! (Click anywhere below and it will take you to the new shop.)


I think it looks really clean this way. I do have links for people to find "aShareeDesign" on Etsy and a link also to my website. Now I have THREE sites that are selling things, two on Etsy, and my own website. Frankly, I get more sales on Etsy than my website. I think it's because people trust Etsy, or they log onto it and browse around a whole bunch of shops and stumble upon mine.

I made a shepherd's pie the other day with a fauxtato topping.


Faux Shepherd's Pie

1 batch mashed cauliflower (just steam cauliflower, drain, and mash it up)
1 1/2 T beef fat or lard (the good stuff!)
1 large onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds ground venison, or beef, or lamb
salt and black pepper to taste
1 T tomato paste
1 cup beef or chicken broth
1 tsp tamari (it's soy sauce without the wheat gluten)
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
paprika for garnish

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Heat a large skillet, add the beef fat, onion and carrots. Saute until the vegetables are soft but not brown. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about a minute. Put the meat in the pan and saute until it's cooked through and brown. Season with salt and pepper.

Add the tomato paste, broth, tamari, rosemary, and thyme to the pan. Stir to combine, then bring to a boil and simmer uncovered until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes. Set the pan aside and let it cool for 10-15 minutes.

To assemble: spread the meat mixture evenly in a baking dish. Spread the mashed cauliflower on top. Gently drag the tines of a fork across the surface to create a texture (the peaks and valleys turn a lovely golden brown). Sprinkle the top lightly with paprika.

Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top begins to brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment