Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Random Birthday Musings

Today is my birthday. It was 7 degrees when I took Tansy out for her Frisbee this morning. What a change from the 60 degree weather we had while visiting Milwaukee last weekend! For a birthday treat I have turned up the temperature in the house to 66 degrees! I normally have it set for 62 during the day, but I decided to wear a dress today. I have long johns under the dress and I'll wear my mukluks into town later. I love this town! No one looks twice at you with a dress, long johns, and mukluks.

I love this pair from Steger Mukluks (click the link and you can buy some, too!)


I started the day with some YUMMY eggs. I bought some Kerry Gold butter last weekend. I've never had it before and what a treat! It is even a different color than regular butter. I hear it's due to the carotene from the grass in Ireland.


Later today I'll go in to Ely and stop at Secret Sisters to see what's new. They're a consignment and new clothing shop. Totally fun!

Here's a new pendant I made that sold last week. I'm dropping it off today to its new owner. Look at both sides. The front has a cherry creek jasper stone and a couple of sparkles, but when you turn it over, I used a bit of recycled silver platter for the back. You could wear it either way!



And here is a new red necklace that I made and have been wearing (I have it on today with my black velvet dress). The red in the actual pendant is brighter than this photo shows, but you get the gist.


Tonight for my birthday dinner we're having pan seared salmon over garlic mashed cauliflower. I posted the recipe on my blog a while back. Here is the link to the recipe. In the recipe I used garlic mashed potatoes, but tonight I'll do cauliflower. I also have a good bottle of wine to open. Yeah!


No comments:

Post a Comment