Saturday, November 10, 2012

Working Hard and Paleo

I've been heads down in the studio this last week. You would not believe the complexity of the new piece I almost have finished. I'll show it to you next week.

I had a lot of "meltdowns" which means I'm almost there and then the fire is too hot in one spot and the metal just melts. I almost switched my design, but then I said to myself, "You can't be experienced if you don't gain experience." So I started over. And then I started over. And then over again.

Meanwhile, to take the edge off, I made a few new necktie purses!




I snuck a monkey inside a couple of them like I like to do. I put these in my Etsy shop. I'm still trying to decide if I want to pare down Etsy to pretty much just necktie purses. Through the holidays I'll leave things as is.

I read a lot over the past several months about wheat and what it does in our bodies. When I went to Taos, my friend, Carol, and I shared a condo. She has been on a Paleo diet for over a year now. I'm always up for a challenge, so I decided to try it. I started a week before I went out there. Basically it's no grains, no beans, and no dairy. Hunter/gatherer eating.

Really. No grains of any kind.

I bought a crock pot and have been cooking meats in it. Last night I made a balsamic glazed pork loin. I really need to get some venison back in the freezer, but it has been slim pickings in the woods this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment