Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Harvest Moon, Friends, and Wonton Wrapper Appetizers

The Harvest Moon Festival was last weekend in Ely, MN. The weather was a little drippy and cold on Friday and Saturday, Sunday was gorgeous. My tent leaked in the rain. I ran around with a stick to push rain off the roof puddles. We'll spray it with a water repellent finish before I use it again.


We had some friends visiting over the weekend from Madison. Steve took them to the Soudan Underground Mine in Tower on Saturday, and on Sunday they went fishing. Unfortunately the boat motor died while on the lake. Good thing there was plenty of juice in the trolling motor battery or they would have been much later picking me up on Sunday.

We relaxed Sunday after the fesitval on the dock. This is me and Steve!


This is Kevin.


And here is Denny.


Remember me telling you about wonton wrappers for quick and easy appetizers? Buy some wonton wrappers, use cooking spray (or brush olive oil) in a mini-muffin tin. Put the wonton wrappers in the cups of the muffin tin, brush or spray them again and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 6 minutes until they brown. Now fill with whatever you like. (After you bake the shells, you don't put anything back in the oven. Fill with whatever you have cooked on the stove - or try cold fillings.)

This time I filled them with a little chevre goat cheese mixed with some fresh garlic and topped it with roasted cherry tomatoes. Yummy! (Kevin took this photo on his phone, the color balance is off and it doesn't look too appetizing. They were very good, though!)


Here's a photo of the wonton wrappers with a different filling of mushrooms, onion, and cream. This photo shows the color a little better so you get an idea of what the shells look like when they are browned from the oven.


I have a project I'm working on in the studio. I can't wait to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment