Wednesday, August 29, 2012

New Pendant, Echo Playlist, and Tomatoes

Steve's sister and brother-in-law came up from the Milwaukee area this last weekend for a visit. It was rather rainy and blustery on Saturday so Laura came into the studio with me and watched me make a pendant. I used her influence to come up with this.


She really liked the dark color that happens after soldering the copper to the recycled silver. So once it was polished, I added liver of sulfur to turn the piece back to this darker color. I really like it and will do a few more with this idea.

I've been biking up the Echo Trail quite a bit and love to listen to my music for the ride. Here is my favorite new playlist:

  • Home - Phillip Phillips (he won American Idol and this was the Olympics theme song)
  • Wishing it Was - Eagle-Eye Cherry
  • Angel of Mercy - Jonny Lang
  • Ojos Asi - Shakira
  • Put Your Lights On - Everlast
  • Home - Phillip Phillips
  • Paradise - Coldplay
  • When the Night Comes - Joe Cocker
  • What it's Like - Everlast
  • Man of Constant Sorrow - Soggy Bottom Boys
  • Two - Ryan Adams
  • Dream On - Aerosmith
  • Rolling in the Deep - Adele
  • Home - Phillip Phillips (okay, so I just bought it and I really like it, so it's here three times)
  • Gonna Fly Now - Bill Conti - Theme from Rocky
  • Falling Slowly - The Frames
  • Eye of the Tiger - Survivor - Theme from Rocky II

This playlist is about 70 minutes long. If I just ride to Bass Lake and back I get to "Gonna Fly Now". If I go all the way up to Passi Road I get to the end and have to start over or pick another play list to end the ride. I know exactly how fast I'm going depending on where I am when the songs are playing.

Tomatoes are coming in! We just hit our capacity for eating them fresh so today I froze these.


 I put them in a hot water bath to loosen the skins, peeled them, and then put them in quart freezer zip locks.




We have some more coming in, but it's certainly not the bumper crop we had one year where we were able to put up 65 quarts! I did just five today. (Oh yeah, go back to that first photo, you can see Tansy in the lower left corner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment