Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Booth and Smoked Trout

The Blueberry Festival is now over and I'm alive and well after sleeping in for a couple of days. Here are a few photos of my tent and set-up. (Click the photos to see an enlarged version.)



I met a lot of new people and so many friends stopped by to see me. Next time I'll be sure to figure out some way to keep cool. It was way too hot all weekend. I had a hand-dyed scarf that I got wet and draped over my shoulders on Sunday, but I discovered later that the dye came off onto my hands! I suppose people may have thought I had been out picking blueberries.

I have enough inventory left that I can go to the Harvest Moon Festival the weekend after Labor Day! That festival should be significantly cooler. I put in my application yesterday and will let you know for sure if I'm in.

Meanwhile, Steve went out fishing and came home with these.


These are rainbow trout. I marinated them for about eight hours in a brine with garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Steve then got his smoker going and smoked them. YUM!


Now that my big show is over and I still have inventory, I'm going to relax a little and start cooking again. At least I'll cook again as long as the weather isn't beastly hot. I know, once again you folks down there laugh at me overheating in 80 degree weather. I moved here to get winter, remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment