Monday, November 7, 2011

Silversmithing and Cranberries

I've been working away in my studio and have made FANTASTIC new pendants using reclaimed silver. I didn't think I was going to set stones on silver plate anymore, but I guess I got a wild hair. Good thing because I love the direction this is going. What do you think?





I was going to post these yesterday, but it was so dark all day I barely had any light to photograph under. There are more on my Etsy shop and I have a few more to photograph.

While I was working on these, I smashed my finger with my hammer. This is unusual because I'm normally not accident prone. It's much better now and it looks as if my nail might actually be okay. I was dreading the months and month of ugly finger if I lost my nail.

It's cranberry season! I was watching Iron Chef last year and was inspired to make this cranberry sauce.

Sharee's Excellent Cranberry Sauce

1 bag of fresh cranberries
1/3 cup good maple syrup
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 tsp fresh crushed ginger
1 T dark rum (or bourbon)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed (optional)

Dump everything into a sauce pan and simmer on the stove until the cranberries pop open and it begins to get a thickish consistency.

Put this on ice cream! Or lately I've been putting it with peeled, chopped apples for apple/cranberry crumble. I don't even add anything else to the apple and cranberry part! See this blog post for how to make the crumble topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment