Thursday, August 4, 2011

Magnetic Jewelry and Stuffed Zuchinni

I'm trying a bracelet (and anklet) of magnetite beads. A woman at the arena last weekend loaned me her bracelet to try after I told her I was getting tendinitis in my wrist from working so much with metal. But guess what? My foot didn't hurt. What?! Could it be? Well, nothing lost to give it a whirl.


Even though it's pretty warm out today, I couldn't help but work on a new pendant using a gorgeous agate stone I got this weekend.


My aunt sent me some silver plated platters and I've been working with a few of those, too. Here's a beautiful necklace made using one of the platters.


Tonight we're having stuffed zucchini. One got away from us already, so I decided to stuff it. Here's another one peeking out that will need to get eaten in a day or two.


I prepped supper ahead of time because I knew it would be too hot to cook later. I made granola this morning, so as long as the oven was on I partially roasted the zucchini so that it wouldn't take as long to cook later. (Cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Then cut out a bit more flesh to make the cavity for stuffing. Leave a good 1/4 inch of flesh all around so it holds its shape when cooked. Save the flesh part to cook in the stuffing). Then I made the stuffing and put it in the fridge for later.

Stuffing for Zucchini

2 onions chopped
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp of salt (more later if needed)
3 ears of corn, kernels removed
zucchini chunks - chopped from the stuff you scooped out of the zucchini
a whole bunch of herbs
1 T Chipotle blend seasoning (see photos below)
2 cups bread crumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan (or any cheese you like)

Saute the onions in olive oil with a teaspoon or so of salt until they are soft. Add the corn, zucchini chunks, and chipotle blend seasoning. Continue to saute until the zucchini softens. Turn off the heat and stir in chopped herbs. (I had a bunch of herbs to use, I used basil, thyme, dill and parsley. Use whatever you like but put  in about a cup of chopped fresh herbs.)

Put the zucchini in an olive oil greased pan small enough to fit on your grill. Spread the stuffing into the cavity you made in each half of the zucchini. Top with bread crumbs and Parmesan. Cover with tinfoil and put on a medium hot covered grill for about 30 minutes. Take off the tinfoil and continue cooking until the cheese is brown and bubbly.

You could put hamburger in this, too. Tomato would have been good, but I didn't have any ripe yet.

Here's the chipotle blend seasoning I got last year at the Harvest Moon Festival.



No comments:

Post a Comment