Thursday, August 18, 2011

Added Purses and Miso Roasted Veggies

I've been busy photographing and getting more things out on Etsy. I have a whole new crop of necktie purses that just went out. Go to Etsy to see them all!

A couple of the purses have a secret monkey tucked inside. Too much fun!


While you visit Etsy, please take a look at my jewelry. I spent a lot of hours trying to get the photos to look right. What do you think?

I don't have a fancy SLR camera, mine is a Sony Cyber-Shot but I can turn it to fully manual, which I've been doing. This morning I had perfect light for the necktie purses, so I took advantage of it and photographed 11 of them. Whew!

I haven't been to the Tuesday night market for a couple of weeks due to the weather. I did go to the park this last Tuesday, but it was raining and too many people were crowding under the pavilion. Instead, I went with Velvet to the Evergreen Cottage to shop a little. She told me about these:


Steve and I don't eat a lot of sweets. In fact we don't even like sweets much, especially not chocolate. But this was yummy and we shared it. He wants one to take on his camping trip next week.

I made another yummy vegan dish last night. It's from a new cookbook I've been browsing from the library, Super Natural Every Day by Heidi Swanson



Sharee's Version of "Miso-Curry Delicata Squash"

12 ounces delicata squash (I used about 1.5 lbs of butternut squash and adjusting the rest of the recipe accordingly)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup white miso (be sure to use white - do not use red or brown miso)
1 T red Thai curry paste (adjust if yours is hot)
8 oz extra firm tofu
4 medium new potatoes unpeeled
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cups chopped kale, tough stems removed
1/3 cup pepitas, toasted (I toasted slivered almonds)
2/3 cup chopped cilantro (I used less but added a bunch of chopped basil, too)

I took the tofu out of the container and sat it on a plate with another plate on top. Put something else heavy on top of that plate. Every now and then tilt the bottom plate into the sink to drain the liquid. I pressed it for about 30 minutes. Then cut into cubes.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Cut the squash into cubes. If you use delicata, no need to peel it. If you use butternut squash, peel it first. (Make the squash, potato and tofu cubes all about the same size, they'll cook better that way.) Cut the potatoes into cubes.

In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, miso, and curry paste. Combine the tofu, potatoes, and squash in a large bowl with 2/3 of the miso mixture. Toss the cubes to coat well. Put the vegetables on a baking sheet in a single layer (I used two sheets).

Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until everything is tender and browned. Toss once or twice along the way after things start to brown a bit.

Meanwhile, add the lemon juice to the remaining miso-curry paste, then stir in the kale until coated. Toss the roasted veggies gently with the kale, nuts, and cilantro. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment