Friday, June 10, 2011

Water Bag, Ties, and Granola

I promised to donate some art to a fundraiser for "Ripples of Wisdom" which is a group of women who are paddling the Mississippi River gathering women's stories. I made them one of my melted plastic bike bags and I was able to draw their logo on the front!

This bag was made from J.Jill packaging from a package I received in the mail and the dark colored accents are from a Lowe's bag.




I also made this really, really nice necktie purse the other day:



I've never given you my granola recipe. It's so easy! I make it maybe once a week or once every ten days or so. We eat it nearly every day for breakfast.



Sharee's Granola

7 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking)
1 cup unsalted nuts (any kind you like)
1 cup assorted unsalted seeds - I like sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds best (flax seeds are good, too)
1 T cinnamon
1 T ground ginger
1/2 T nutmeg
1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey or brown sugar with some water added to liquefy it)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup canola oil

Mix all of that together and spread out on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Sir, bake for another 7 minutes. Stir and bake for a final 7 minutes.

After it cools, add some dried fruit and put it in a Tupperware container.

Remember, I don't like sweet very much, so the sugar in this is really minimal given the volume of everything else. You could increase if you need to. The key is to have the oats coated with the wet stuff prior to baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment