Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Craft Fair, Sprinkler Date, and Rhubarb Crisp

I made it to the Harbor Festival in Tower this last weekend. Here is what my "shop" looked like:

Well, I guess you can't really see it in too much detail (the guy behind me had all of those pencil drawings of wildlife). But look at my sign - it's all about branding! I did pretty good. Bummer in one way that it was such a gorgeous weekend because I missed all of the fun outdoor things we might have done, but good in one way because of the people who came to the festival.

It turned out the guy next to me never showed up, so I was able to score his table and put my display in a corner spread. One whole table was a necktie showcase and I think that was a really good thing given the necktie purses were a total hit for the weekend.

Sylvia had her mom call me to invite me to a sprinkler in the yard play date (it was roasting hot at 78 degrees):



Here is Sylvia's mom and her brother, Oscar:


I wore my new $1 dress from last weekend's garage sales. Perfect thing for a date in a sprinkler.

I've been gleaning rhubarb from people because mine is too small yet. I made a fabulous rhubarb crisp that is not too sweet.

Sharee's Rhubarb Crisp:

about 4 cups of chopped rhubarb
1/3 cup good maple syrup
1 T crushed ginger
2 tsp balsamic vinegar

Mix all of the above and put the mixture in a buttered  pie pan

Crisp:

1/2 cup oatmeal (not quick cooking
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
6 T butter cut into small chunks

Mix all of the above with your fingers until it is crumbly (like little peas). Add a little water if you want it stickier like dumplings. Spread it on top of the rhubarb.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 40 minutes or until the topping looks browned.

Serve with ice cream. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment