Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Bathroom and Won Ton Appetizers

I was going to say "New Bathroom and Crappies" because Steve caught some beautiful crappies last weekend, but that didn't sound too appetizing as a title. Here are the crappies anyway:


Yum! It doesn't get fresher than that unless we eat them right off the hook.

We're finished (or next to finished) on the bathroom remodel. We used to only have a bathtub upstairs and a shower in the basement. We took out the tub and turned the whole thing into a walk-in shower with a glass block wall. Here it is!

Here's another view so you can see the vessel sink:


Looking into the shower area - I did all of the tiling myself!!!


And finally, the fixtures:

People have asked who will get the first shower. I say we share!! Don't you think?

Meanwhile, some friends were over on Saturday for dinner and I decided to make appetizers using won ton wrappers. This is a way cool party trick that is super easy and everyone will be amazed!!

Here's the wine I used -- mmmm and the olive oil:


Buy some won ton wrappers. Brush the inside of a mini-muffin tin with olive oil and then brush one side of the won ton wrapper with olive oil. Put the wrappers into the muffin tin and bake at 350 for 8 to 12 minutes (check them often) or until they brown (white balance is off again on the camera and I didn't fix it for this photo - but you get the drift):


Now fill the little cups with whatever you want! You could go savory for an appetizer or go sweet for a dessert! I made my filling by sauteing onions, garlic, mushrooms, salt, Parmesan cheese, and cream. Just spoon your filling into the cups, put them on a pretty plate if you want to be fancy  and you have appetizers! 


2 comments:

  1. Love the appetizers and your tiling job is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I found you on Etsy team page.I am your latest follower...stop by mine some time.I'll be back to visit when I'm not at work shhhh...that's a secret ha ha!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete