Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Missed Pi

You know I like numbers. We got married on a palindrome: 10/02/2001 (10022001) because of the cool numbers (Steve is so tolerant). But I guess I didn't care much about pi yesterday. Pi is 3.14159265.  I think it would be cooler if the date had been 3.14.15 - so I'll celebrate pi in 2015.

I have a new article in Handemadeology! My article is "Make what you Love" - check it out!

Remember that fabric I found at the thrift store that they were throwing away?


Here's what I made from it:


I absolutely love it! It's the perfect market bag. I don't know how I'm going to sell it and not just keep it for myself!

I've been busy working to build inventory for a show I'm doing in Duluth on March 26. I'm ready for a road trip and that will be perfect timing. It's called "Treasures of the Earth" and your work needs to be natural, organic and/or recycled. Most everything I make fits that category! I'll let you know more details closer to the date in case you are in the Duluth area.

Here are a couple of pairs of earrings I put on Etsy - I'll have more of these in Duluth:
Then I started working on cutting out an aluminum tray that Mom gave me. I'm turning it into zipper pulls and earrings:


Right, it looks awful now and you can't imagine how this is going to be good for anything. Well, just wait! That's the magic. I'll show you what I'm doing with it in my next post. So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Nice fabric rescue! The craft fair sounds interesting; I've not see one with that theme, but it's great.
    I'll be looking forward to the next post to see what you do with the platter.
    ~Annie

    ReplyDelete